We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfers and car seats

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfers and car seats

I'm looking to book a transfer from Heathrow to Trafalgar Square area. We're a family of 6 so private transfer is just easier for us. Two of our children need to still be in a booster seat here. Our son is 6 and our daughter is 8. They must be in booster seats until age 9. We won't be bringing booster seats with us. I tried to get an estimate for a booking from exclusive airports and one question is whether we need a car seat.... does anyone know if this includes booster seats or if its just a car seat for younger children? are booster seats required in London? I know I could call (they don't seem to have an email address) but I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone else already checked it out. Thank you!

London, England
Level Contributor
271 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfers and car seats

You dont legally need booster seats in black cabs or minicabs here. Whether or not you feel this is safe or not is upto you. Most minicab firms will have backless boosters if you ask them.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfers and car seats

https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules

Note the exceptions on the second page - by law your children are OK in a minicab or taxi.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 22:55
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfers and car seats

You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket here: www.exclusiveairports.com/contactus.php

4. Re: airport transfers and car seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:24
Australia
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfers and car seats

My comment is no help whatsover to this discussion (so I apologise for that) - but I am amazed at the laws here in the UK regarding child seats. Yes, I know it should be in every parent's best interest to protect their child anyway - but why have rules about car seats that apply sometimes (except for short, unexpected journeys or if you happen to be travelling in a mini-cab (which in my experience, you'd be better off wearing a crash helmet!)).

Does this mean you could 'legally' travel in a car holding a baby on the backseat? A newborn?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfers and car seats

Thanks everyone. I might be ok to drive a short distance in a cab without the low back booster but coming from the airport... I'm just not comfortable with that. I really hope they have the boosters.

Texscott - Thank you! I'll send them a msg.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfers and car seats

They have been wonderful at responding to my messages and follow up questions. I've reserved two booster seats for the children. Thank you!

8. Re: airport transfers and car seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18