We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what time does it get dark at the moment

Kyogle
Level Contributor
218 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
what time does it get dark at the moment

Only 6 days until we fly to London!!

I am wondering what time it is getting dark at the moment? I know I can look up sunrise and sunset times, but I know where we live that doesn't really equate to when it is actually daylight or dark.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what time does it get dark at the moment

About 1700 hrs at the moment.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what time does it get dark at the moment

You will find that (civil) twilight in both morning and evening last longer in London than in your city. Because of the longer twilight periods, sunrise and sunset will not mean an instant switch from dark to light or light to dark.

The sunrise and sunset times at www.timeanddate.com do have the option to include twilight, which should give you an idea of what to expect.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,927 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what time does it get dark at the moment

It's poossible to walk around till about 6pm at the moment. It is dusk for an hour or so from 5pm.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what time does it get dark at the moment

But it doesn't matter too much - very difficult to find anywhere in London which isn't lit

5. Re: what time does it get dark at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:18