I'm planning to visit London for the first time next month and need quite a bit of advice. I have a lot of research to do but thought I'd start by posting on this forum. I'm a 27 year old female and it will be my first time traveling solo ( a bit nervous). Thinking to spend 3-4 nights in London and then 3-4 nights in Paris.
1) After much thought, I've decided not to go with a tour group but plan on my own. Anyone strongly advise against this?
2) I'm extremely confused of the best area to stay in London. I also can't pick between a hostel and hotel. Can someone please recommend a good place to stay? The best hostel? I'd like a location close to a good night life. In terms of what I want to see...I need to do more research but I definitely want to see the Harry Potter studio tour.
3) Is it best to fly into Heathrow or Gatwick? Or does it matter?
4) Better to fly or train from London to Paris?
5) Any tips for a female solo traveler to explore the nightlife in London and Paris?
Appreciate any insights you may have. Thank you for reading.