We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London - New Years Eve

Isle of Man, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
London - New Years Eve

Hi, I'm visiting London for New Years eve with my mum and 14 year old son. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend where we could go for a nice meal with a view to watching the fireworks (maybe with a Terrace or something). Just don't fancy hanging around from 5pm in the cold to get a decent spot. A lot of places seem to be parties and drinking but this isn't what i'm looking for with having my son. My mum doesn't fancy a boat cruise. The Shard would be amazing but (I think) too expensive. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you x

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,884 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London - New Years Eve

What is your budget?

Isle of Man, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London - New Years Eve

Probably around £150 each? Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,884 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London - New Years Eve

Your best bets are probably the Royal Festival Hall which has had a party (music and food) with view from its terrace with tickets ranging from around £90 - £160 per head. These usually go on sale sometime in October so you would need to check their site or sign up for info.

The Tattershall Castle ( a boat but it is moored) has a NYE party too with good view of the fireworks. Don't know what their tickets cost but a bit less I think. The only other parties (like ME London) probably wouldn't be suitable for your son. You could also try the Somerset House skating rink. You can get tickets for about £60 (non skating), and you'd get a view. These go on sale mid November and again you need to check the site and sign up to their newsletter.

Isle of Man, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London - New Years Eve

Thank you so much, this has been really helpful :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London - New Years Eve

Parkland

will The Tattershall admit a 14 year old ?

Edited: 17 February 2014, 19:13
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,884 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London - New Years Eve

I think from a trip report on the Tattershall NYE party, a couple of years ago they do but the OP should check there as well.

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London - New Years Eve

The royal festival hall is probably your best bet.

This is the link to the ny2013 event to give you an idea of what they do.

As has been said, the issue might be whether they will let your 14 year old in.

I would imagine most places with a view will be throwing a party rather than just offering dinner, but you might get lucky.

southbankcentre.co.uk/…

8. Re: London - New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18