We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Help! Has anyone taken Easyjet from Gatwick at 6:00am? and what can I take to get to the airport at 3am?

I don't know what I was thinking. Guess I thought it was 6PM.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

We always take a pre-booked taxi for flights at this time.

Another alternative is to go there around midnight and wait in MacD for a few hours. You won't be the only ones doing this.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

We had to take a 6am Easyjet flight from Gatwick (maybe even a bit earlier) a few months ago and I managed to get a room at the Premier Inn (Gatwick North) for a very good rate. Cheaper than a taxi from London, and it was great to be able to get a few hours sleep then just cross the road into the terminal. I would look at hotel rates before doing anything else.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 23:29
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

For an early easyJet flight from Gatwick, I usually book into Yotel the night before.

www.yotel.com/hotels/london-gatwick

San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
597 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

I wouldn't have booked that flight. Why ruin another wonderful night in one of the worlds best cities because you have to get to the airport early! I would rather have one more great night out on London town, and then fly to my next destination later in the day.

An option for you is to use Ryan Air. They might have the same flight just later in the day.

Where are you flying to ?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Help! Has anyone taken Easyjet from Gatwick at 6:00am?

======

Well yes, if they didn't you can be sure that Easyjet would stop running flights then :-)

There are trains throughout the night from Victoria station. Depends where you are staying in London if its worth upping sticks and moving the night before. 6 am is horrible, its one of those "is it worth going to bed" times once you backtrack the time to when you get up. Even if you stay at Gatwick, you are still getting up at 3am. 2am for near Victoria, is there much difference?. I'd be inclined to stay where I was rather than move hotels and a lot of hassle just to get one extra hour in bed. Take a taxi to Victoria.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Where are you staying in London?

There are trains throughout the night from St. Pancras (1.54am) and Blackfriars (2.04am) on First Capital Connect, arriving 2.55am, fare £10. Also on Southern from Victoria at 2.00am, arrive Gatwick 2.47am, fare £15.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Edited: 17 February 2014, 23:43
New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Actually, I came to that conclusion myself, while debating the the pros&cons. Basically leave before the tube shuts down, and take the National Express service at midnight.

Thank you, and everyone else who responded. Obviously, either I didn't realize the Tube doesn't run 24/7, and or I thought the 6am was 6PM.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Thank you. I'll look into that too. Im staying near London Bridge.

London
Level Contributor
35 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Yotel is a great recommendation and when we lived in North London always did it - we live in a south London suburb now so have cheap taxis. Better being on site and a slightly cramped night's sleep (comfy beds and good showers though) than being stymied by bad transport or traffic problems.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: To Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight on Easyjet from London.

Thank you! It looks like National Rail leaves right from LONDON BRIDGE station! Of course I'll double check with them in person, and buy the tkt the day before. Really appreciate it.