We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 22nd football match

Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
March 22nd football match

I'll be in London 22 March and am looking at premier league matches which I'm likely to get ticket (I just need 1 ticket). Unfortunately it's Chelsea vs Arsenal that day I was told I won't have a chance in getting a ticket. Another match is West Ham vs Man City but on the West Ham website all tickets are sold out. Nothing on viagogo yet. Any suggestions on where or how I can buy ticket reliably and what other match is on that day? Thanks a lot.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 22nd football match

On March 22nd, in London, you will have:

Arsenal / Chelsea (12.45 - live on TV)

West Ham / Man Utd (17.30 - Live on TV)

On March 23rd, in London, you will have:

Tottenham / Southampton (13.30 - probably Live on TV).

Outside the Premier League, in London, you will also find:

Charlton / Burnley (second tier - Championship)

Brentford / Coventry (third tier - League One)

AFC Wimbledon / Cheltenham (fourth tier - League Two)

You should be able to get tickets, relatively easily, from the home clubs (the one's listed first) for all games except the PL games.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,974 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 22nd football match

Unfortunately you've left it a little late to stand a chance of getting tickets to many pl teams as many require membership and online booking months in advance. You could try Thomas Cook as they are the official partner with many clubs selling hotel and ticket packages. You could also ask about hospitality tickets via the club but these can be eye watering expensive running into 4 figures! Some clubs let people resell on viagogo but there are no other official ticket outlets and ticket touting/scapling is illegal.

As stated above if you're willing to drop down the leagues then you can still see a good game and many london teams you'll get tickets for.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,746 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 22nd football match

The games at Charlton and Brentford will have a lot riding on them and the atmosphere is likely to be every bit as good as in the Premier League...and at a lot cheaper ticket price.

4. Re: March 22nd football match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:17