We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Hotel Advice

Stranraer Scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Quick Hotel Advice

Hi I am looking at 4 nights in July, seen a Travelodge (Central City Road) (northern line tube) which I'm sure will be fine for £290 for the 4 nights, seems a "fairish" price so basically I am asking is it a good price or would I find better in central London, am I being lazy just looking at travelodges? Thanks in advance

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

I stayed at the City Road Travelodge last year and found it one of the better ones. If you are happy with your choice please don't delay booking it, as I've found to my cost that good rates at London Travelodges often don't last long.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
52,414 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

If it helps, I would be happy with an average nightly rate of £72.50 these days!

Stranraer Scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

Yes thanks just looking for 2nd opinion, I thought £75 was a good rate to be fair Thanks

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

That's a fair rate.

Come and enjoy.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,613 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

The TL City Road is quite a decent option as one of the new build Travelodges.

Until the end of this month the 205 bus from Euston and King's Cross is on diversion, but by July it should be back on its usual route and will call at stop E, more or less at the main entrance of the hotel: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/moor… Buses can be a reasonable option for short journeys and will be very useful if you will be in London at the weekend where there may be planned works on the Tube. There are good connections at Old Street roundabout: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/old-…

6. Re: Quick Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:18