We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Paddington

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Paddington

Hi there,

Just wondering the best way for tickets from the airport to paddington station, as I'm completely unsure how the ticket process works. Should this be something I purchase before I leave?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,264 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

Do you actually need to go to Paddington station. Where are you staying?

Mentioned in this post
Paddington Station
Paddington Station
1,158 Reviews
London, UK
Durham
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

If going to Paddington choose between the Heathrow Express for £21 or Heathrow Connect for £9.90. Not worth the extra to save a few minutes IMO.

Mentioned in this post
The Paddington Hotel
The Paddington Hotel
391 Reviews
London, UK
Heathrow Express
Heathrow Express
968 Reviews
London, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

at a hotel thats a 5 minute walk from paddington

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

whats the time differenc between the two? the heathrow express is 20mins but I can't beleiev its that expensive! is my ticket good for anythign else that day?

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

"heathrow express is 20mins but I can't beleiev its that expensive!"

Yes they make their money out of tourists that don't realise that there are other better/cheaper options.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

The Heathrow Express takes 15 minutes, the Heathrow Connect 25.

If you are not in a hurry you can also take the tube and be at Paddington in about an hour. Depending on what time you arrive at the airport you may be able to buy an off-peak (after 9.30AM and all day during weekends and public holidays) travelcard for zones 1-6 (off-peak=8.90 pounds) which you will also be able to use for the rest of the day when moving around in London. I think that is the cheapest option.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Express
Heathrow Express
968 Reviews
London, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
The Paddington Hotel
The Paddington Hotel
391 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

>>whats the time differenc between the two? the heathrow express is 20mins but I can't beleiev its that expensive! is my ticket good for anythign else that day?<<

The Heathrow Express branch is basically a private railway (even more private than the normal railway network), and is owned by the airport itself. It's an entirely different entity from the rest of the network.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Express
Heathrow Express
968 Reviews
London, UK
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,543 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

Assuming the tube route is running then I would take that (if you're arriving on a weekend please let us know the date). £5.70 cash fare, but on an Oyster card it's £5 peak times and £3 off peak (and the fare can be absorbed into a daily cap), and as mentioned a one day off peak travelcard is £8.90.

Take the Piccadilly line to Hammersmith, then make a cross platform change to the District line. Take that train to Earls Court, and make a cross (or same) platform change for another District line train posted as Edgware Road. The journey is step free and takes about an hour, and there are trains every 5 minutes from Heathrow T123 and every 10 from T4 and T5.

The HEX costs that whopping £21. The Connect (£9.90 takes about 30 minutes, but only runs every 30 minutes, and only from Heathrow Central (T123). If you're arriving at T4 or T5 you have to change at Central, and wait for either 9 or 24 minutes for the Connect. Neither the HEX nor Connect tickets from Heathrow can be used as part of a travelcard or Oyster cap.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 19:16
Mentioned in this post
London Underground
London Underground
30,277 Reviews
London, UK
Hammersmith
Hammersmith
115 Reviews
London, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

Recommend purchasing HEX ticket online before you go but no big deal if you wait to buy upon arrival. I've tried the other options and find HEX to be the most convenient and enjoyable journey. It's become part of my ritual entering and leaving central London. All depends on what's important to you.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
10. Re: Heathrow to Paddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:19