We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIscount Theater tickets in London

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
DIscount Theater tickets in London

I will be traveling with my kids to London the first week in April. I would love to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Wicked. My first choice would be the Wednesday Matinee. I am hesitant to try to do TCKTS day of, since our time/choice is limited. Any suggestions for any other way to get discounted theater tickets. Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,028 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

Charlie is popular enough that it has no need to discount tickets.

Tkts is the only official discounted outlet in London. Others that purport to be may be offering the lowest priced tickets at an inflated rate, which you won't discover until you reach the theatre. By which time, it's too late to do anything about it.

Check directly with the Wicked box office to see if they offer 'day seats'. I don't know if they do or not, but it's worth a chance.

Essex
Level Contributor
29,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

Have a look at Lastminute.com also.

Sometimes they have deals that are very worthwhile.

Not necessarily discounted tickets (though they do do that from time to time) but theatre ticket & meal packages that can save you quite a bit....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,028 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

Although from memory, Lastminute.com don't let you know the seat/row numbers before purchase.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,965 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

Mostimes, I get the best deal at the box office.

Maybe not for Charlie though.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 02:23
6. Re: DIscount Theater tickets in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:19