We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

Hello everybody! I will travel to London for quite a long time and I will be full of luggages, so I was wondering if there are many steps from Victoria Station(railway) to take the underground. I will have two suitcases, one big, one small, and my laptop on the back. Do you think I can manage it?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

I think there's two flights down (maybe 10-12 steps each) to the ticket hall. One problem is that its usually very busy. But you can certainly do it if you are careful. I'm not sure if there are more steps to some of the lines--surely someone else will help answer! But it may be different (or worse) at your destination station.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

There are 20 steps down from the rail station concourse to the Underground ticket hall at Victoria, but there may be more stairs down to the train platforms.

Where is your destination in London, and at what time of day and on what day of the week will you travel to the city? Taking the train to Victoria may not be the best choice depending on your destination, so let us know more, please.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

I am going to Enfield Chase from Gatwick Airport on Tuesday morning. I arrive at Gatwick at 10.40. From what I have seen at the Route planner, I should take the Gatwick Express and then the Victoria line to Highbury and Ilbourn and from there the national rail for Enfield Chase.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

There is an alternative route which will be step-free, except for getting on and off trains and at Enfield Chase itself.

Eschew the overpriced Gatwick Express and take instead the First Capital Connect train to St Pancras International. Use the lift to rise from platform to concourse level. Walk across to Kings Cross main line station, which is next door - the walk is entirely on the level. Board the first train out that is calling at Finsbury Park, which is the first stop after about five minutes. Unless you are very unlucky the train will set you down at platform 5, and you just cross to the adjacent platform 6 and wait for your train to Enfield Chase - catch a Hertford train. Enfield Chase is the only place you will encounter stairs, but it won't be busy at that time of day.

And you can buy a First Capital Connect one day Travelcard which will cover the whole journey - for just £13.50. Buy it at the rail station at Gatwick Airport.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

NRE is showing me trains for Enfield Chase leaving from Platform 8 at Finsbury Park.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

Yes, I forgot they changed the platform numbers last year ;-)

So the OP will arrive at platform 7 and cross to platform 8.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

Thank you all a lot for your info!!! It's really valuable!!!! You saved me from a lot of trouble with luggages and money as well!!! Thank you very very much!!!!

8. Re: Stairs from Victoria Train Station to Tube

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:18