We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza in Great Britain ?

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza in Great Britain ?

The best pizza we've had in Europe was in Vienna.

We will be in London, Bath, The Lakes and Cotswalds and Edinbourgh in June. Although we do not eat it very often, its nice to splurge on pizza every once in a while. Anyone found a good, fresh ingredients slice of pizza in any of these locations? Thanks for your input.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Fire & Stone is not bad....

http://fireandstone.com

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

OP, please don't eat fish and chips in a pub and think it is the real thing. You need to buy from a good 'chippie' for the proper stuff.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Good point. Thanks, Mike

nantwich
Level Contributor
615 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Another vote for getting fish and chips in a proper chip shop... I once had F+C in a Bayswater pub that proudly advertised 'the best fish and chips in London' and it was just dreadful... watery and tasteless...

... mind you, I once had pizza in a Chicago pizzeria that was lauded in various guidebooks as being an unmissable classic which was equally terrible... wish I'd consulted TA on that one...

Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

London

Pizza Union is cheap and cheerful.

Pizza East does very nice pizzas.

Liverpool St tube is the nearest station.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Pizzeria Oregano at the Angel make excellent pizzas. The rest of their menu is good too.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Story Deli on Bethnal Green Road. Quirky environs, high prices, mixed service, but oh, the pizza. If the pie is the only thing that matters, then this is the place to go. If all those other things matter, stay far away and leave more room for the fanatics.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Having Grandparents who have lived in Italy, I can tell you that on the whole, Pizza Express isn't bad authenticity wise.

Shame you aren't coming to Brighton. Great city with an amazing Italian, Donatello. Best pizzas I've found.

Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

Story Deli used to be in Spitalfields opposite Rough Trade. £17 for a pizza is typical for that area. Lots of pretentiousness. Good but definitely not worth it.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Pizza in Great Britain ?

£17 for a pizza, you must be joking!