We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

UK
Level Contributor
342 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

I am involved in trying to plan a central London restaurant for a family reunion in September. People are coming from all round the world, and we'd like a centrally-located, not Michelin*, not Macdonalds, preferably bistro-style, good food and good service. I'm averse to noisy places with hard surfaces and loud music where you have to SHOUT to make yourself heard. I'm also wondering if it might be a good idea to try to find somewhere which does separate rooms for groups from 10 people up to 20. (The actual numbers are not decided yet.)

Budget: medium range

Location: central London seems best, since we're overnighting all over the city

Ambience: French? cafe style, bistro style, good service and good food. French is only an idea and is not exclusive.

Age range: 30-70

Dietary requirements: only one is Vegan afaik.

I hope that's enough information for some friendly helpful people to reply with interesting suggestions for this family group. Many thanks in advance.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,334 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

Brasserie Zedel is a possibility. It's just off Piccadilly Circus, French, good service - but not stuffy. Price ranges from inexpensive soup (I had excellent pumpkin soup for £2.25), through to steak (which they've always managed to cook exactly as I've requested it), and many other choices in between. Lovely decor, too.

Failing that, try the filter system on www.squaremeal.co.uk - they show restaurants with private rooms.

Good luck.

UK
Level Contributor
342 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

Thank you for that suggestion, Kenny. I've had a look at it here - the map is hopeless!!!

I'm also looking at their website.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

The downstairs room at Savoir Faire is available for hire and meets your requirements in almost every regard - http://savoir.co.uk/savoir/

And you could also consider one of the private rooms at Browns in Maddox Street in the heart of Mayfair. They seat up to 20 and the building is wonderful - browns-restaurants.co.uk/locations/mayfair/

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

I'd book a room in here.

www.kettners.com/

UK
Level Contributor
342 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

Many thanks for all the most helpful suggestions. I have put them to my men.

6. Re: Central London restaurant for group of 10+ people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18