We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

Can any of you tell me if a set of golf clubs plus two cases would fit in a vauxhall corsa? Or a fiat500L ? ( just not familiar with these models and it seems these are two of the most popular compact cars available) just the two of us travelling, so happy to utilise the back seat.

We are not using a rental for long.....two stretches of 3 days each, but we will have a few km to travel. (Around Bristol, and then again to get from Staffordshire to St Andrews)

Was thinking of something the size of a Ford Focus? Would these be a similar size do you think? ( or would the Astra be more the size of a focus)

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,973 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

My choice for quite a long drive would be the Focus or Astra or similar. A better intermediate size . The Fiat is very small and the Corsa also fairly small too.

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

Thanks....Astra it will be then!!!

The site I was looking at only had option of compact/ family/ luxury or something huge like a people mover!!!!

( quite difficult to imagine the size of a car from a photo!)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

You can check vehicle capacity www.autoeurope.com.au

Edited: 25 February 2014, 06:41
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

just the two of us travelling, so happy to utilise the back seat.

=============================================================

That's ok as long as you are in the car, I but would strongly advise against this when the car is unattended, even for few minutes.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

+1 Bluebreezer, leaving golf clubs on back seat, massive no-no.

england
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

one of our cars is a Corsa - you're pushed to get more than one suitcase in the boot. Might manage the golf clubs but the boot is tiny. You can fold down the back seat so would fit in then but not be hidden from view. We frequently travel with luggage on the seat of ours, anything valuable in the boot, and while there are places where that isn't safe we haven't had anything stolen.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

If you are happy to use the back seat then the 500L will be ample. You can get a set of clubs in the boot with a bit of manouvering.. I have not been in a Corsa recently but it feels like you might struggle.

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

Thanks.....mostly we will have our gear in our accomodation. But good reminder thanks

London
Level Contributor
9,693 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

Remember that all car rental companies show a car photo as an example of that group. You are not guaranteed the specific model. I've rented about 25 times in the last year - I think only twice was the actual car type provided the same as the rental company example photo.

Staffordshire to St Andrews is quite a few hours of driving - doing that in a Corsa (or similar) would be my idea of torture. I'd want compact size (at least) for that amount of driving.

10. Re: Rental car help please.....re model sizes!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:17