We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madam Tussauds

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Madam Tussauds

Hi,

Hoping to visit Madam Tussauds on Saturday and was wondering what was the best time of day to arrive without a pre-booked ticket. I did consider buying a fast track ticket for OH and myself but found it pretty expensive compared to the 2 for 1 offer I can get on a normal 'buy on the day' ticket used in conjunction with my rail ticket.

So basically, what time of day would I need to arrive there on Saturday to experience the least queues. I'm thinking either be there before it opens or leave it until around 3 which would still give us enough time to see everything?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madam Tussauds

This Saturday or another specific one ?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madam Tussauds

Hi, I'm talking about this Saturday. Would it be any different from any other Saturday though?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madam Tussauds

So basically, what time of day would I need to arrive there on Saturday to experience the least queues

=======

Goodness knows, whenever I go by the queues seem massive. I think I'd bite the bullet and get there when it opens if you can because I know they do late entry half price and you might find a lot of people queuing for that?

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madam Tussauds

I'd go early. Every time I've been past it (which has never been early but has been around 3PM - not sure what days of the week) the line is huge. It's the only place I can think of in London that I'd buy tickets in advance to save queuing. (If I wanted to go.)

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madam Tussauds

thanks,

I've been before with fast track tickets but OH hasn't. I suggested to him that we get the fast track ones and he said we'll just get there early and if there's too much of a queue we won't bother going in. So that's what we'll do - his choice.

Thanks again to you all for your advice.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madam Tussauds

According to their website:

Visiting at last admission

If you choose to visit later in the day don't worry you will have 90 minutes to explore Madame Tussauds after the last admission time.

TOP TIP - The attraction is less busy after 4pm!

I'm planning to visit after 4pm since I want to use the 2 for 1 :)

mantova
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madam Tussauds

Very early in the morning !

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madam Tussauds

Thought I'd post an update.

We decided to take a risk and arrived at 2.40pm on Friday afternoon. It was a good decision as there were no queues whatsoever outside and we only queued for 25 mins whilst inside. I paid £30 for 2 adults as they accepted my national Rail 2 for 1 voucher. It was well worth the visit. Will put a review on shortly.

9. Re: Madam Tussauds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:16