Please critique my itinerary! Is it too packed and does it make sense geographically? Hotel location is near Waterloo Station. Traveling with my husband, his parents and 3 siblings (twenty-somethings) -- Itinerary is just a guide, I'm sure we may switch some things around or play by ear. Since we are a large group (7), I imagine we may split up if not everyone wants to see a particular museum, etc. The parents definitely won't be going on the bike tours...
Also open to any suggestions for food! Not locked in on any of the restaurants listed. I appreciate any input you all might have! Thanks in advance!
- Arrive at Heathrow 6:30am
- Drop off bags at Park Plaza Westminster London Bridge
- Go to Waterloo Station to get paper travel cards
- Walk along South Bank to Borough Market
- Explore Borough Market
- Take River Cruise from Tower Bridge to Westminster Bridge (or walk?)
- Check in to hotel
- Hop on hop off bus? (or do this on Monday?)
- Shopping/wandering around Sloane Square
- London Eye after dinner if weather permits
- Portabello Road
- Walk through Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park
- V&A Museum
- quick stop in Harrod's
- Houses of Parliament Tour
- River Thames Evening Bike Tour (4 hours)
- Tower of London
- Walk through Covent Garden, Picadilly Circle
- The British Museum
- Afternoon Tea at the Wolseley (or somewhere else? would need to fit party of 7 comfortably?)
and/or Sunday Roast at Hawksmoor Seven Dials in the evening?
(is it better to do Hop on hop off on this day instead? or does that not make sense since our hotel is 'close' to Buckingham Palace anyways?)
- Buckingham Palace for changing of the guards
- WB Harry Potter Tour
- Dinner at Jamie's Italian in Covent Garden
- See a show?
- Westminster Abbey Verger Tour 10am
- Tate Modern
- Royal London Bike Tour
- Dinner at Tayaabs?
- St. Paul's Cathedral
- Museum of London
- Lunch at Barbacoa
- Walking tour of Royal London?
- Afternoon tea or dinner?
- Check out
- Take Eurostar to Paris