We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London theatre questions for June

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,202 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
London theatre questions for June

I'm looking at the list of plays currently on, and many of the ones I'd like to see show end dates of March or April. In many cases, the theatre has other plays listed as following on, so I assume those end dates are somewhat firm? On the other hand, I do read about plays "transfering" to other theatres. So, checking your crystal balls, would you think any of the following might still be playing in London in early-mid June?

One Man, Two Guv'nors; Lost Boy; From Here to Eternity; Stephen Ward; The Weir

The next question is how complete are current listings for June? Would new plays be announced between now and then? Or is what I see now what is on offer for then?

And finally, I really enjoy seeing well-known tv and movie actors on stage (and yes, I know this is shallow of me). I don't see any productions scheduled for June that meet that criteria... am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: London theatre questions for June

I work in theatre in the West End. Generally apart from the hits which run for years and years, and a lot of the West End musicals, London plays don't tend to have super long runs.

One Man, Two Guv'nors is in the 'massive hit' category and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being one of those shows that runs for donkey's years. It's a shame it'll be on tour when you're here (though as Kennydon points out, it'll be in Woking which is not that far) because it'll probably be coming back to London after that.

The Weir will have finished because it was intended to be a short-run transfer. Stephen Ward was intended to be a long-runner but unfortunately just didn't do well and thus got yanked. I'm not familiar enough with the other two shows.

12. Re: London theatre questions for June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:21