We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Musicals

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
London Musicals

Planning trip soon with the family to London. Wife & I and our 13 yr old twin boys. Besides the other cool stuff to do in London..we're also planning for 3 musicals; Lion King, We will Rock you, and I'm still between Phantom or Jersey Boys for the 3rd one (saw Thriller & Mamma Mia already). Any recommendations pls on which one to go for?..and on the best venue to buy tickets from? Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Musicals

Best venue to buy the tickets from is usually direct at the Box Office (or their designated agent).

Use www.theatremonkey.com to look at seating plans and recommendations, etc.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Musicals

I think 13-year old twin boys would lose the will to live watching Phantom, frankly. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to disagree, though!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory might appeal?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Musicals

My daughters loved PoO at that age. Tastes change and we are seeing X factor can't sing in 2 weeks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Musicals

LOL, Amos, you might want to call it Phantom in the future, not Poo, doesn't quite read the same.

Hard to tell what a 13 year old likes, but I saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory in Oct and I was pleasantly surprised. Everything about it was good.

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London Musicals

Thanks for the responses...very helpful

Charlie and the Chocolate factory wasn't on my options list frankly but seeing Dootsie's and Thebrit's reco's i'll def consider it now. Theater monkey it is then..thanks Kenny. One question though...for 4 persons easy to find deals right before it worth waiting for, or better to play it safe and buy 'em early on from now (stall for Lion King starts from 85£ to £120 middle rows. Kinda hefty for one musical/family if we're to watch 3 of them!..)

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,657 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Musicals

One question though...for 4 persons easy to find deals right before it worth waiting for, or better to play it safe and buy 'em early on from now

=======================

Unhelpfully - it purely depends on how popular the shows are (and how much you want to see them).

Keep an eye on Tkts - the only official place to get discounted theatre tickets. You can see which one's they offer regularly and which ones never appear. Then, make your decision.

http://www.tkts.co.uk

Also look out for 'day seats' - there's a section in Theatremonkey about these.

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: London Musicals

Cool :) Very helpful indeed..will keep an eye out on the deals out there. Thanks again Kenny..

Level Contributor
2,503 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Musicals

HI I do not think you will find Phantom or Lion King discounted. If you want to see those I would get the tickets ahead of time. My teen (16 boy) and tween (12) loved Matilda on our Nov. trip.

Enjoy your trip.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,150 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: London Musicals

Mostimes the best deal is at the box office of the theatre on the day.

You may not sit together though.

10. Re: London Musicals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:17