We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
colombo
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

Hi,

I'm returning home from Denver CO, USA next month and I've got a 8 hour layover at Heathrow. But I do not have UK visa. Is it possible to get a one day visa to visit London from the Airport?

Thanks.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,821 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

Visa questions should really be addressed not to a public travel forum, but to the bodies that regulate this sort of thing.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

If you are from Visa nation you will have to apply in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

But I do not have UK visa. Is it possible to get a one day visa to visit London from the Airport?

=======

Yes but as it costs a lot of money, takes ages, requires a visit in person at the local embassy to where you live, and you'd only get about 3 hours to "see" London once you deduct travel time, immigration etc, don't bother.

p/s just seen post 2 and reread your post again. If "from the airport:" means "AT the airport, on arrival", then as post 2 says, the answer is "no".

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:46
4. Re: Visit London during my 8hour layover at Heathrow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16