We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Special

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
One Day Special

Hi, we're going to be in London for about a day and a half at the end of a European trip and want to take a one day, see all you can type tour but there are so many tour websites it's hard to know what is good. We are active senior citizens and plan on the first half day dedicated to the London Eye and relaxing. What suggestions for the one day all in one? We are staying in St James/Buckingham area. Thanks

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brit Movie Tours
Walking Tours, Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Babylon Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Special

Get on the Hop on, Hop off bus at any of the stops, it will take you around all the major (and minor) sights in London. I've done the blue route with this company about 3 times with various friends/family:

eng.bigbustours.com/international/home.html

There are 2 stops near you: outside no.1 Buckingham Gate and outside no.31 Buckingham Palace Road

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,521 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Special

Agree with previous poster, just take the Hop On Hop Off bus.

You're not staying in the Buckingham area, that is a town about 40 miles outside of London

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day Special

Saw this and thought it might be a bit stressful on the joints? what do you think?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day Special

You can carefully step down, hopping is not obligatory.

California
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day Special

The bus actually stops before you have to hop on or off....

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,953 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day Special

I can still manage the HoHo.

Come and enjoy.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day Special

I'm doing a 3 hour panorama tour that will show you all the major sites, but it's not a hop on hop off. It's 19.00 pounds, cheaper than the hop on hop off if you wont be hopping. It's run by Golden Tours/Grayline. I think the offical name of the tour is 3-hour open top bus tour. I'm just doing it as an intro to London the day after I arrive there, but it may suit your purpose.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,093 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Day Special

Or you could do a pub CRAWL...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Day Special

thank you, I'll look into it. sounds like what I'm looking for.

10. Re: One Day Special

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23