We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria tube station name

Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Victoria tube station name

I'm trying to use tripadvisor to narrow down restaurant reviews to the area around the Victoria tube station (going to see Billy Elliott and want to take the family out to eat first). What "neighborhood" would that fall under?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria tube station name

Victoria? I'm really not sure how TA characterizes it.

Take a look at Il Posto, practically next to the theater. Solid Italian and reasonable (for London). About Thyme is also very nearby but more expensive.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria tube station name

The area surrounding the station is generally known simply as Victoria. Victoria is a very small area, so you may also want to look at the neighbouring areas. Belgravia lies to the north west and St James's to the north east (due north are Buckingham Palace and Green Park). Pimlico lies to the south, to the east, Westminster. Chelsea lies to the south west, while the area to the south east is sometimes called Millbank, although in my experience this term is seldom used, except as the name of the road that runs along the riverbank between Westminster and Pimlico. You will also find that the term Sloane Square is sometimes used rather loosely to describe the area surrounding the square, not just the square itself. For purposes of local government the station lies in Warwick Ward, City of Westminster.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 02:07
3. Re: Victoria tube station name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 07:24