We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Connect

Marion, Iowa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Connect

We've decided to take the Heathrow Connect to our hotel because of the cost but we are flying into terminal 4 and it doesn't look like it goes to Terminal 4. How do we get to the Heathrow Connect? I was going to purchase my tickets on line but it looks like you still have to use the kiosk and enter your credit card when you get there so is there an advantage to purchasing ahead of time? This is probably the only time we'll be using rail service for this trip so I really don't want to get a pass. Just a one way ticket to Paddington Station which is close to our hotel. I've tried calling and was on hold for 15 minutes. I've emailed twice but no reply. Any advise?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Connect

You take the free shuttle train to the station between T1 & T3

heathrowairport.com/transport-and-directions…

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/t…

Edited: 06 March 2014, 22:28
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Connect

Dear Tracey, Hello again. Re Heathrow Connect

I've used it once, but it's still rather expensive. There's no point in buying tickets online. If your hotel is near Paddington Station, it's alright, but if you have to take a taxi from Paddington to your hotel, might as well just the tube.

Most people just use the tube. Less costly and a little longer trip. See London Transport site for full information, maps, fare, maps and travel planners (did I mention maps?) See

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

London
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Connect

Connect only runs every half hour, and that's after you've waited for the shuttle from T4 that only runs every 15 minutes. The tube is slower, but there's a tube train leaving every 5 to 8 minutes.....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,631 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Connect

Depending on the time of day and day of the week you will arrive in London, the Underground may be a cheaper, faster and more reasonable option.

You may take the Piccadilly line from T4 - it's step free from the Arrivals hall to the train platform - to Hammersmith, alight there and cross the platform for a District line train. Alight from that train at Earl's Court and wait on the same platform for another District line train towards Edgware Road. Alight at Paddington, where the walk to the Lawn ticket hall is step free, with an escalator up to the rail station concourse and ramp up to Praed Street.

If your hotel is in Bayswater rather than within walking distance of Paddington station, you may take the Piccadilly line from LHR T4 to Hyde Park Corner, which has an escalator up to the ticket hall and a ramp up to street level at exit 1 Knightsbridge north side. From there, walk a little away from the bus stops, reach out an arm and hail a taxi fo your destination.

5. Re: Heathrow Connect

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18