We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London's must see (in a day)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
London's must see (in a day)

I’m doing a whirlwind visit to Europe in September this year

We only have 1 free day in London and want to cram as much in as possible as this will most likely be my travel buddy’s one and only visit.

Any suggestions on what is a must see and any suggestions of day tours or companies that i should try?

We are budget travellers but willing to sped a bit extra if the experience is worth it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London's must see (in a day)

This gets asked time and time again.

Define 'must see' - everyone wants to see something different.

Search the forums/guidebooks/etc and decide what YOU would like to see. After you have decided we can then advise how feasible it may be to cram in one day

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London's must see (in a day)

Just take the hoho bus.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London's must see (in a day)

If you only have a day, I would do one ofthe following...

1) catch the Ho Ho (Hop On Hop Off Bus) and ride the complete circuit. This is a tour, not transportation.

2) Click on this link, and scroll down to "the tour described." This is an excellent walking tour of London's highlights put together by Wirewiper. If your one day includes arrival at, and departure from an airport, it may be all you have time for.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c170832/Londo…

You would get better advice if you described how and when you are arriving and departing from London. Transatlantic flight? Eurostar?

More info, please.

4. Re: London's must see (in a day)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23