We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Looking at the Best Western at Earls Court for an overnight stay. The hotel address is 9-21 Penywern Road Earls Court London England SW5 9TT United Kingdom.

I arrive at Lilverpool St, have one night in London and then depart at 3 pm the follwoing day. How easy is public transport from Liverpool St to the hotel and the hotel to the airport? I will need to move my luggage with me and will have one suitcase, and a carry on. Is this doable?

Thanks.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 01:15
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Both journeys can be done by tube step free.

At Liverpool Street, head to the eastbound Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City line platform. Take a Circle line train (only) to any station between Mansion House and South Kensington (but I recommend Blackfriars), get off and wait on the same platform for a District line train, which takes you to Earls Court. There's a lift up from mid-platform at EC, and head to the Earls Court Road exit. Turn right as you leave the station, and Penywern Road is a minute walk on your right.

For Earls Court to Heathrow you simply take the Piccadilly line, direct in between 35-40 minutes. There are lifts from the ticket hall to the Piccadilly line platforms. Make sure you take the train to your correct terminal. For terminals 1, 2 or 3 take the train marked "Heathrow Terminals 123&5". Although the T4 trains also go to T123 they take 13 minutes longer.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 02:24
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Thank yoiu for the reply.

I do remember Liverpool St stn being fairly large, how far is the tube entrance from where I would arrive by rail? How busy will the station be around 8 am on a weekday?

Is there anything near./at Earls Courst to do in the morning the day I leave? I don't fly out until the afternoon at 3 pm.

Thanks.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,318 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

When you get off the train at Liverpool Street, go through the ticket barrier and the Underground is right in front of you over the concourse.

Will it be busy at 8am? Hellishly! Peak of the rush hour

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Thanks for the replies.

I came across an old thread about the lifts at Earls Court being repaired and therefore the lifts weren't in service. If any TA members have been to Earls Court station recently can they please let me know if the lifts are working.

How long should I wait to get on the tube to avoid the rush hour crowds?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

The lifts are back in service. The Circle line always seems busy but you could wait at Liverpool Street and enjoy a cuppa and some breakfast until things ease a little around 9.30...when the cheaper off peak fares start.

If the hotel will look after you luggage then you could walk, take the tube two stops or catch a 74 bus to South Kensington and explore one of the three great (and free) museums for an hour or so. Bear in mind that for your long haul flight from Heathrow you should look to be leaving central London by 11.30.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Where are you coming from to arrive at Liverpool Street by 8am? Stanstead?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

The mid platform lifts at Earl's Court were working when I went through the station a couple of days ago.

dicanio is right, Liverpool Street station will be hellishly busy at 0800, with 99% of the people moving at speed as they will know precisely how to make their journeys quickly and efficiently. If you want to watch the maelstrom, take the escalator up to the mezzanine and watch from above to see a City station in action.

You may find buses handy for short trips from the BW in Penywern Road: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…earls-court.pdf

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

Thank your all for helping me.

I will be taking the overnight from Holland that docks in Harwich, from Harwich I take the train to Liverpool Street.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 23:12
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

sorry, that should read overnight ferry.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 23:19
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liverpool St - Best Western Earls Court - Heathrow?

That will get you to Liverpool Street at 0900 (or just a few mins before) rather than 8 (or that's what the Stena Line website says anyway), so would probably just grab a coffee for half an hour or so.