We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

Highland Mills, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

planning market hopping itinerary for visit during bank holiday weekend early may 2014. came across picks cottage on time out website. anyone been there? is it large enough (weather permitting) for a trip out of the city center?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

I can't imagine why anyone would want to come all the way from New York and spend a morning looking around a boot sale.

Apart from that, stewardstone road is not easy to get to by public transport. However a day at Chingford is a good way to spend a day and easy to get to.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

There are dozens of car boot sales around the country every week. Is this one special in some way ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

It's a fairly run of the mill car boot sale (other people's junk). It's only on Sundays so keep that in mind, not easy to get to unless your driving, other option is train to chingford and mini cab to picks cottage.

I'd suggest a Sunday morning at Columbia road, brick lane and Spitafields market (all within walking distance).

London, England
Level Contributor
8,309 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

Come round to my house, I've got plenty of junk I'd like to get rid of.

Instead of a boot sale why don't you go to a normal street market, you might at least find something worth buying.

Highland Mills, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

thanks everyone-amosh- i like to plan my visits to countries around the markets and fairs- it's a great way to meet people and learn about life, and lots of fun! charlemaine- nothing special here- just came across it at "what's on". hobnob1970/hermanaeriza- thanks- will be going to spitalfields, camden, greenwich as well.

London, England...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

I've been there as a seller and buyer, it's a good day either way and is a great Sunday morning for the family to enjoy wether your buying or selling, I would reckermend it to anyone and everyone who's out looking for a bargain or looking to sell there unwanted items!!! Yours a pick cottage fan !!! :)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

Peter, the OP came and went about six months ago.

8. Re: anyone been to picks cottage boot sale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 05:15