We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus from LHR Terminal 5 to Hounslow Central Station?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
218 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Local bus from LHR Terminal 5 to Hounslow Central Station?

Does either bus 111 or 423 go from LHR to Hounslow Central Station?

Yes, I am aware that the underground services that route but I believe at a higher fare than the bus would be?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local bus from LHR Terminal 5 to Hounslow Central Station?

No.

The 423 goes to Hounslow Bus Garage via Hounslow West.

The 111 starts at Heathrow Central Bus Station (for T123) and not T5. It goes to within a 8-10 minute walk of Hounslow Central tube station at stop N (Treat Shopping Centre) - tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/houn… . If you're looking to reach one of the hotels in that area, then the walk is a little shorter - http://goo.gl/ez0XNq .

The bus ride will take far longer. than the tube. And, cash fares are £2.40 for the bus and £4.70 for the tube. The tube fare is £2.30 peak/£1.50 off peak if you get an Oyster card. A minimal saving money wise for a much longer journey (not even direct).

Edited: 15 March 2014, 00:33
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
218 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local bus from LHR Terminal 5 to Hounslow Central Station?

USBusinessTraveler: Thanks for the information. We will be staying about 1 block from the Hounslow Central Tube and I was looking to minimize the steps. However, I can handle one flight with luggage so the tube looks like the best option.

3. Re: Local bus from LHR Terminal 5 to Hounslow Central Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:23