We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

Hello,

We (a couple) need to arrive from Luton to Heathrow airport, having 6 hours between flights. Scheduled landing at Luton at 8:30 AM. Firstly I planned to use the "National Express" bus (should cost us about 44 pounds for two), but today I found the taxi company "Luton Airport Taxis" (http://www.lutonairporttaxis.co.uk) which costs 45 pounds.

Does anybody have an experience with this taxi company or have some reviews about it?

Which option can you recommend?

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

Well, I don't know what to say about their logo on the homepage "The ONLY official taxi provider for Luton Airport", which is not true. There are other companies as well that are based in Luton Airport with competitive prices. You can check the reviews from their website, as they are from real customers no doubt about it.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

Thank you, Ben T.

Did anybody have personal experience with this taxi company? Can I believe to the reviews from their web site?

Thanks!

3. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 00:35
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

I have checked it could not find the License Number on the website. better to ask them before you book. I found this in "who is" database about the owner of the website

Domain name:

lutonairporttaxis.co.uk

Registrant:

C Wajid Hussain

Registrant type:

UK Individual

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

I have checked it could not find the License Number on the website. better to ask them before you book. I found this in "who is" database about the owner of the website

Domain name:

lutonairporttaxis.co.uk

Registrant:

C Wajid Hussain

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

there is other company at luton airport call sky airport transfer www.skyairporttransfer.co.uk they are based very close to airport Proctor Way Luton LU2 9PE 4 of us travelled from luton airport to heathrow they charged £45

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

If you are after a cheaper journey then it would be £19.40 each to get the train into London then the tube to Heathrow. You can buy the ticket at a kiosk at the airport. Takes about 2 hours

And National Express bus into London at £10 plus £5.70 underground is cheaper still. Traffic delays aside, again 2 hours plus

But a car service for around £45 sounds a good deal

Edited: 22 July 2014, 12:24
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

>>>Did anybody have personal experience with this taxi company? Can I believe to the reviews from their web site?<<<

The reviews are probably as reliable as the 'experiences' you are looking for people to provide in this thread. I mean, how do you know they are any more genuine than the website? Positive ones could be from the company or its friends and relations, negative ones could be from the competition and their friends or relations!

9. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 22:37
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luton to Heathrow with "Luton Airport Taxis"

Guys! It's an old post. Yuri probably has managed by now.

Yuri.