We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primark store

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Primark store

We'll be going to London from Paris for a day trip and would like to shop for gifts at Primark store. It'll be our first trip to London and we'll just go around and see the usual sights such as Big ben, tower bridge, Hyde park etc. I was wondering which Primark store is the nearest to this area?

Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Primark store

There is a really big Primark on Oxford Street, very near Tottenham Court Road, you can't mis it.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,069 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Primark store

The original Primark at the western end of Oxford Street is near Hyde Park. Head for the one by Marble Arch tube station (not the newer one by Tottenham Court Road - which used to be the old Virgin Megastore).

Edited: 16 March 2014, 05:08
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Primark store

The Primark nearest Tower Bridge (and the Tower) is in Mare Street, Hackney, not far from Hackney Central station. Hyde Park is a large area, but since you would like to visit Parliament Square as well for the Elizabeth Tower, from Westminster you may take the 148 or 159 to Marble Arch for the large Primark at the west end of Oxford Street: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/west…

There is another in the old Virgin Megastore location at the eastern end of Oxford Street, near St Giles Circus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Primark store

I really think that advice to go to Mare Street to shop at Primark is unhelpful. Also nobody calls Big Ben the Elizabeth Tower. As you are buying gifts you could use either Oxford Street Primark, and i would suggest the Tottenham Ct Rd one, as you can get a bus or tube or even walk easily from there to St Pancras at the end of the day.

You need to sort out what you are doing before you shop, and this might be what the previous poster was getting at. Pick a few sights and see them. tube down to Charing Cross and walk about maybe. lunch and then shop and Paris.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Primark store

Whichever Primark you visit, be prepared and leave time for the queue to pay and get out! The shop at Hackney is quite a small one (I've used it) in the Narrow way (Mare Street) but is well off the usual day trip track!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Primark store

Thank you guys! This was really helpful.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Primark store

Generally it is an absolute bun fight inside the store. As already mentioned there is normally a long queue to pay for your purchases. I normally never shop there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Primark store

>>>"I really think that advice to go to Mare Street to shop at Primark is unhelpful"<<<

It wasn't advice, it was an answer to the question of the nearest Primark to Tower Bridge area.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,968 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Primark store

Why do people want to shop in Primark...?

London, England
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Primark store

They shop there 'cos it's cheap.