We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying tickets for Tower of London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Buying tickets for Tower of London

Hi,

I am going to London from 17 to 23 April. I would like to know if it would be better to buy tickets for Tower of London online now or wait for when I visit. I am looking forward to use the 2 for 1 vouchers though the cost will be exactly the same wether I take the voucher or choose the family ticket online.

Thanks

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

I'd buy them now. The queue can be pretty long depending on when you get there.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,467 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

I'd wait until a day before so you know the weather forecast. Large parts of the Tower are outdoors so the weather could put a damper on your plans

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,750 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

I must ahve always got there at the right time, as I've never encountered a wait of more than five minutes at the ticket booths.

I'd wait until nearer the time. Not only the weather but how you feel on the day might affect what you decide to do. There's nothing worse than b eing locked into something if you feel like having a more restful day, or just want to do something else that caught your eye.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 20:57
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,383 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

You have two threads running about this.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

I've never waited longer than 20 min to get Tower tickets. However, I believe the online tickets are good for 7 days, so if the price is the same (which I haven't checked), it doesn't seem to make much difference.

6. Re: Buying tickets for Tower of London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24