We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CapeTown
Level Contributor
54 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Hello all, still looking for an apartment for our October trip. Have seen three suitable apartments, but struggling to decide which area would suit our needs; easy access to most sights without having to catch too many trains, some active 'life' close by when we step outside, and a safe, upmarket neighbourhood - hopefully all those boxes can be ticked for 1 apartment (!). Areas are 1. Earl's Court Square 2. Macklin Street Covent Garden 3. Fitzrovia - around Goodge Str/Gr Portland tubes area.

Any advice much appreciated.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,660 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

If you post the links to the apartments you're considering, it will make it easier for TA members to consider their respective merits.

All three areas are considered safe.

I like Fitzrovia, but it depends on how far North it is. Covent Garden may be busy/noisy depending on the particular street. Again, the links will help.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 16:27
2. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 17:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Around Goodge st and grt Portland st is a bit vague but as others have said, Fitzrovia is generally a good area. Macklin street is also very good, within the Covent garden area. I'd put earls court at the bottom of the list as far as location is concerned.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Sorry post 3 is advertising

Edited: 18 March 2014, 17:14
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Ha..that's me then, meant post 2!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

You mean post 2?!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

Thanks Adam, got myself into a minor panic.

UK
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

The worst of Earls court is immeasurably better than the best in Fitzrovia Gt P S

well last month anyway! Regmaiche

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

For active life close by then the Covent Garden location definitely ticks that box more than the others.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Three apartments, three areas..which area is better?

I'm not sure what Regmaiche has against Fitzrovia. It is not my favourite part of London, but I would think it much better than Earl's Court in terms of location and atmosphere. However, I would put Macklin Street very much as first choice. The location is by far the best in terms of proximity within walking distance to the largest number of things that you are likely to want to see and do.