We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in London

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in London

When I pull up one of the booking websites, they put the funniest names on the location. So, I was wondering if you could help me narrow down the neighborhood I want to be in. It's one or two ladies traveling, so please a safe area. We are in our late twenties, early thirties, so an area with bars/entertainment would be nice. During the day I do want to go sightseeing, so easy to get to the subway or other public transportation.

What are your thoughts? Every help is appreciated

Sarah

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in London

Bloomsbury is a nice safe area.

Come and enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in London

Yes Bloomsbury which is close to Russell Square tube station in one section.

Or Kensington is nice too.

Make a start with these two and see how you go.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,436 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in London

Covent Garden, Strand, Victoria, South Bank, The City, Bloomsbury or Westminster are good areas

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in London

If "bars/entertainment" within walking distance is a concern, Covent Garden or Bloomsbury might suit. I usually stay in Victoria, coming and going at all hours is perfectly safe with common sense. That's true for all the central areas. And don't worry about usiing public transport to go gadding about at night, either. You're likely to find it delightful to have such freedom!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in London

Thank you very much for all your answers! I will look into it right away :)

6. Re: Where to stay in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22