We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park & market to visit?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Which park & market to visit?

I will only have this saturday and sunday morning in London. With so many choices, which 1 park and 1 market worth to visit? I'm staying at Marylebone area and would love to have a relaxing stroll instead of rushing through several places. I had visited st.James park & Borough Market on my last visit. Any suggestion is appreciated.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,525 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park & market to visit?

I would suggest Portobello Road or Camden Town for your market, and Regent's Park (which will be on your doorstep) for your Park.

2. Re: Which park & market to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 10:19
Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which park & market to visit?

I agree with post nr. 1: you could start from Regent's Park (I love it!) , then go to Primrose Hill for a nice view over London and reach Camden walking along the Regent's Canal.

Regent's Park map: royalparks.org.uk/__documents/park_maps/rege…

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which park & market to visit?

Agree too - walk through Regents' Park to Camden.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,572 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which park & market to visit?

(Sorry to tag on, but this topic fits my plans exactly...) Is the Regent's Park walk to Camden Market better on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

Edited: 21 March 2014, 17:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which park & market to visit?

One would expect more places to be opened on a Saturday morning. I would personally choose Saturday morning for the walk to Camden Market. Maybe walk the whole length of Regents Canal on a Sunday.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which park & market to visit?

We visited beautiful Regents Park. The park is not so big, you can easily walk leasurely around the park in 2 - 3 hours. Not many flowers are blooming when we visited last week, but I can see that the park will be really beautiful in 2 weeks time. We did not have a chance to walk all the way to camden market because of the weather that day. Meaning we need to visit London again ... :)

Cheers and Thanks to all for your suggestion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which park & market to visit?

Marylebone farmers market on a sunday morning is well worth a vist, be sure to drop into the Ginger Pig and La Fromagerie opposite the market too.

California
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which park & market to visit?

The OP has already come and gone, there were in London last weekend :)

10. Re: Which park & market to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:15