We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

Hudson, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

Can anyone tell me how to take the underground tube from Heathrow Terminal 5 to 47 Park St in London. I have been searching for sites to provide directions. There will be a family with luggage on a weekend morning. We will be in London for 8 days. Should we purchase a one day unlimited and a 7 day unlimited travelcard and can we do this at our terminal? Do we need photos for the card? Thanks for the responses.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

Take the tube from Heathrow to Green Park station which should take about one hour journey time. Exit on to the road called Piccadilly and since you have luggage I would hail a cab to take you to your hotel . It isn't far from Green Park and will be under 10 GBP for the cab.

Others might say Hyde Park Corner station which is also close by but I think that Green Park is easier to negotiate.

As regards tickets, I will let others advise on that.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,848 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

It was my understanding that Hyde Park Corner station was step-free, but I'm willing to be wrong. You'd still be best to get a cab for the last section as 47 Park Street, W1 is towards Marble Arch end of Park Lane (near the US Embassy).

Unless, you're actually wanting the 47 Park Street that's in London SE1.

OP: Can you please clarify what part of London 'your' Park Street is located in?

Hudson, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

47 Park St. It is the Marriott Mayfair Residences. Thank you.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,848 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

OK, as we first thought - the Mayfair option. Postcode seems to be W1K 7EB.

http://www.47parkstreet.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

Either station will do . Hyde Park Corner is a very busy junction and I thought it might be simpler to be on Piccadilly to hail a cab. That was all.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

The taxi fare is likely to be closer to £5 than £10, from either Hyde Park Corner or Green Park.

For HPC sit near the front of the train. There's an escalator up to the ticket hall, and then leave using the exit 1 ramp. You'll see a number of bus stops in front of you. Move away from those and hail a taxi.

If you're feeling energetic, the Marriott Mayfair Residences is about a 15 minute walk, a lot of which is along the side of Hyde Park (you can even cut through it a bit) - http://goo.gl/vyxSoK

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

Green Park may be a better choice than Hyde Park Corner as there is just one bus stop at street level (the lift from the station will leave you in the south side of Piccadilly) rather than the three at HPC, with lots of buses pulling in to those stops.

With respect to what transport tickets to buy, if you have not read the traveller articles about the two for one offers - look under Top Questions About London - now is the time to do so. On arrival, buy one day Travelcards at LHR T5 then consider using paper cards for the two for one offers - you may buy those cards at Victoria or Charing Cross, the nearest rail stations to your flat.

8. Re: Taking the tube from Heathrow to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34