We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

I'll be visiting London with my daughter and trying to decide between two apartments - one in Covent Gardens near seven dials and one on St. Andrews Hill next to St. Paul. First time in London so need some help deciding!

Thanks all!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

Seven Dials, in the heart of the West end.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

Without a link for the flats, on location alone I would choose St Andrew's Hill. That area of the City is steeped in history, too much of which has been stripped from Seven Dials and Covent Garden, and whilst both areas are busy and have good transport connections, I prefer the overall feel of EC postcodes to Covent Garden.

If you have links for the flats, please post them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

The City apartment might be an interesting but unconventional choice. I think most people would prefer to be in Covent Garden, where particularly in the evening it will be more attractive. Worth noting that from St Pauls you can walk over to the Borough Market area, which might not be obvious to you. I hink though, on balance, I would prefer the Covent Garden location.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

The City (St Pauls) would be the quieter option. Seven Dials, which was once the worst slum in London, is now very busy and seething with tourists. By the way, it's not in the West End.

I'd go for the City! And take an early morning walk over the Millennium Bridge, whilst the mist is still on the River.

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

Thanks all! I am a bit unconventional so the thought of being outside the tourist spot is appealing to me! I think the City will be an interesting choice. Your input is greatly appreciated!

6. Re: Ludgate Hill or Seven Dials

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50