We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

02 Arena

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
02 Arena

I am coming to 02 arena for Kylie Minogue concert on 30th September to Euston or Victoria coach station. Can I get a direct coach from either Euston or Victoria to 02?

I am scared of getting lost with my young children and claustrophobic so not keen on tube I wondered if I could walk there instead?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 02 Arena

You could get there from either of them with 2 buses in about an hour and a half total. Or book a minicab for about £30. Walking would take 3 or more hours.

Can't you get a nationa express coach straight there from Milton Keynes though?

Edited: 21 March 2014, 23:15
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 02 Arena

The O2 website has the buses that information about the buses that stop at North Greenwich station.

www.theo2.co.uk/location/transport.html

You can use the journey planner of the transport for London website and use the advance options to select bus travel only.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

You can also use one of the river bus services.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 02 Arena

You very likely *could* walk from Euston to the O2, but your children might not thank you as it's about seven and a half miles.

It is also a fairly long trek on the bus, but the 188 will take you to the O2 from nearby Russell Square: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/russ… and tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…north-greenwich.pdf

If you decide to travel to Victoria then take the number 11 towards Liverpool Street station to Charing Cross: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…victoria-180513.pdf Alight there and cross the road to the rail station, from which you may take a train to Greenwich (you will need to change at London Bridge station). tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/char…

From Greenwich station you will need the 129 or 188 to the O2: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…greenwich.pdf

Consider one more option: from Euston walk 10 minutes to St Pancras station. Take a First Capital Connect train from there to London Bridge, and change to another train to Greenwich then the bus to the O2. The train from St Pancras to Blackfriars will travel in tunnels, but that's a journey of about six or seven minutes.

Will you stay overnight in London, and if so where have you booked?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 02 Arena

This is thames clippers website

http://www.thamesclippers.com/

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 02 Arena

Thank you so much for your help, we aren't staying overnight and have to get back to Euston to get the last train home to Milton Keynes. It sounds a bit difficult to get there by bus, I have never been to London so I don't think I could find all the buses and stops.

If I bite the bullet and go by underground is there an easy way that doesn't involve many changes and gives me the minimum underground? I have no sense of direction and hate lifts too, can you help? I need an idiot proof route! Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 02 Arena

Rebecca, what is the time of your last train back to Milton Keynes ? The reason I ask is because the volume of people that leave the 02 after a concert is huge and it can take a lot longer to clear the 02 that it would if no concert was going on. Saying that though it is quite amazing where thousands of people just disappear to ...... But it wouldn't be a case of just jumping on the bus as it pulls in or a tube, all exits out are very congested.

Do you drive? Could you drive down in the afternoon and park at 02 and leave straight from there and drive home? Not great I know but would save any worry of getting on packed buses/tubes/boats. Would be a clear run home that time of night too ! Or even looking to stay somewhere overnight would be lot easier for you. Or another alternative would be to leave the concert 10 mins or so before the end of the concert, you'd clear the arena by the time it finished then and be away before the crowds.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 02 Arena

Unfortunately I don't drive and my children have to be at school the next day, so I'm hoping to get the last train home from Euston.

Do you think it would be easier to take a boat to waterloo after the concert and then catch the underground from there to Euston, is that less claustropic and do the boats run that late? Again I'm hopeless with directions so Is it easy to get to waterloo from Euston on the tube and then find the boat place and how long would the journey take?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 02 Arena

Does the last train allow you enough time !? What time is it?

If it were me and worried about getting back I would leave just before end and get Jubilee Line to London bridge then northern line to Euston, but depends how much time you've got to play with before your last train home !

The boats do run late after a gig and even they would would be busy too wouldn't feel as claustrophobic ...... Then route would be boat to London Bridge City (check on thames Clippers timetable what time they run too and how long it takes by boat) but then it's a 5 min walk to London Bridge station, how well sign posted, especially in the dark, I don't know, I know it's not well signposted to get from London Bridge station to the Pier IMO .... Then northern line to Euston, if you went to Waterloo by boat that drops you at London Eye then it's a good 5 min walk to Waterloo, then northern line to Euston, the boat would take an extra 15-20 mins to get from London Bridge City to Waterloo !

Haven't got a clue about buses that direction. We luckily can jump on one bus which takes us straight home, but it's always a scramble getting on one! Once your on a bus it's fine !

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 02 Arena

It would seem as if the last train from London Euston to Milton Keynes on a is at 23:34.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 02 Arena

That's the last train before midnight - but then there is an 0004, an 0034 and an 0134.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 10:32