We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Milpitas, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

My family of 4 will be in London 06/28 - 07/01. We are avid tennis fans and would love to be able to get ground tickets for Monday 06/28. Is showing up at 6AM on that day and joining the queue the only way to get in? Because our time is limited we were hoping to attend the 5PM and after "session" and not dedicate an entire day.

London, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Others may have more details, but I believe there is another opportunity to try your luck as the doors to the public open again in the afternoon. I don't know how long it takes, or what your chances are though, as I've only done the morning queue.

The website has this to say about the late queue:

"It is also possible to join The Queue for late entry to The Championships, after 5pm

PLEASE NOTE: Entry at any time is subject to Grounds capacity, which does vary. Spectators may only be admitted as people leave, subject to weather / conditions of the Grounds."

Milpitas, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

That is correct...I have read that as well but I do not know when I would be expected to show up for the "afternoon queue". Please help.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,332 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

It's almost impossible to predict.

I believe ground capacity is set by the London Fire Brigade (in case of having to execute an emergency evacuation, how many people can leave the grounds in a set time).

Once capacity is reached, the staff operate a 'one out, one in' system.

It may depend on the order of play. If Andy Murray is due to play late in the day, almost no-one will leave before his match and Henman Hill will be full to capacity.

I know last year the Wimbledon website was regularly reporting queuing times of hours even early in the day. Even to the point of stating that 'if you're not in the queue now, don't bother heading to the grounds' - only more politely. it was much busier than I remember it being in past years.

I'm not trying to put you off - only being realistic.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Don't ticket master sell a few tickets for the following day at 9pm or somesuch?

Edited: 25 March 2014, 21:53
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,332 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Joe,

They do. Although, I think its 9.00am - which is why I can never try. Always on a tube at that time of the day.

Try www.wimbledon.com - it's pretty comprehensive re: tickets/queuing, etc.

Milpitas, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Is it true that you have to be a UK TicketMaster member to participate?

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Not sure if Ticketmaster will sell this year but you do not have to be a member and when I did try they sold out at 21.01.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

Ticketmaster do not sell ground passes (the cheapest tickets). These are only available on the door.

9. Re: Is Queuing the only way to get ground tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 06:15