We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and Bars

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants and Bars

Afternoon All,

I'm coming to London at the end of June and have three options of hotels which are roughly around the same price:

Premier Inn Kensington Earls Court

Doubletree Chelsea

Hilton London Kensington

Hotel Indigo Tower Hill

All of them get nice reviews etc...what I'm after is where is the best place in the evening for restaurants and bars as we will have been sightseeing and doing things during the day that at night just want somewhere local with nice restaurants and bars. Which of these would people suggest is the best.

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and Bars

The Tower Hill hotel is located in a mixed area where initial appearances can be slightly disappointing but you are close to some great food options. There's some nice bars and restaurant on Minories itself, you're not far from St Katherine's Dock and across Tower Bridge to Butler's Wharf. And of course, you're close to Brick Lane.

Earls Court is more upmarket but you're not as close to bars and restaurants as you would be in Tower Hill. Same for the Hilton near Holland Park. Some nice restaurants nearby but not a huge choice.

Is that 4 hotels? Where is Doubletree in Chelsea?

Mentioned in this post
Hilton
Hilton
Derbyshire, UK
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and Bars

The Doubletree is near imperial wharf station,newly built I think

London, England
Level Contributor
9,193 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and Bars

The Hilton Kensington is almost Shepherd's Bush, so plenty of places to eat in the nearby Westfield Shopping Centre. I personally wouldn't call Earl's Court upmarket.

4. Re: Restaurants and Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:15