We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced place for food and drinks in the London Liverpool Street area? Looking for perhaps a gastro pub type place. Any recommendations?

Thanks

L

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

There are plenty of pubs around Liverpool Street but most offer standard pub grub as they are part of chains, Wetherspoons (Hamilton Hall), Nicholsons (Woodin Shades, The White Hart, The Magpie, Lord Aberconway), Fullers (Shooting Star) etc.. The nearest to a Gastro pub is The Water Poet on Folgate Street, a couple of minutes walk north from Liverpool St station. They also have a beer garden if the weather is nice.

http://www.thewaterpoet.co.uk/

California
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

There are lots of good options around Spitalfields market as well, Canteen is one of my favorites. For a pint, I have always enjoyed Dirty Dick's, across from the station on Bishopsgate.

London, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

Turkish restaurant in Artillery Passage - Olive and Figs - is good. BYOB which keeps the price down too. Agree that Canteen is worth a go and slightly further afield (I'd say a 10 mins walk from Liverpool Street) on Brick Lane is Chez Elles a cute little french bistro with fabulous food.

4. Re: Bars/Restaurants in London LIverpool Street Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:15