We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoP, Buckingham, Which tour to take?

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
HoP, Buckingham, Which tour to take?

In early September, 2 adults (in our 60’s), need help deciding which tour choice we should choose at each venue? Plan to schedule both but not on the same day so time spent at each not really a factor.

Houses of Parliament Audio Tour £ 15 or Guided Tour £ 20;

Buckingham Palace A Royal Day Out (State Rooms, Queen's Gallery and the Royal Mews) £ 31.50, or The State Rooms £ 18 GBP, or The State Rooms and Garden Highlights £ 25.70.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HoP, Buckingham, Which tour to take?

I would think it would be person preference on the tours. I've taken the guided tour of HofP. I don't believe an audio tour was offered when I took the tour a few years ago. Good points for either. Audio tour you can go at your own pace. Guided tour you can ask questions and often get personal tidbits/insight from the guide.

For Buckingham Palace, the Royal Day Out will pretty much take up a good part of the day. The Royal Mews you can see in an hour or less, but you can spend several hours in the Queen's Gallery and the palace tour will take a minimum of 2 hours. The garden highlights tour must be new. When we last took the palace tour, you exited the tour through the back garden but there was no special "tour" of the garden, so not sure what that entails.

2. Re: HoP, Buckingham, Which tour to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16