We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

londondreamhouse

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
londondreamhouse

Has anyone used them or heard if them

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: londondreamhouse

londondreamhouse.com/London-Bridge-2bed-Apar…

See link above

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: londondreamhouse

Where to start? The prices are shown in euro, the pages are full of grammar and spelling mistakes, there is no contact information and the photographs look lifted from estate agents' bumph.

Another one not to be touched with a bargepole.

Please let us know when you plan to travel, how many people will be in your party, whether you will travel to and from London by air or by rail and your budget in pounds.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: londondreamhouse

The only place I can imagine such a view is possible from, is outer space

"with superb views across Nelson's Column, London Eye and Big Ben."

It's also amazing how many of their rentals are close to St. Paul's, even ones that can't possibly be.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,875 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: londondreamhouse

"The nearest tubes are London Bridge and Borough which also houses a wonderful market of culinery food."

The thought of Kappacasein grilling their cheese sandwiches and Maria's serving their delicious greasy spoon breakfasts on the Northern line platforms is intriguing.

And apparently the Baker Street apartment is 100m from Baker Street, Edgware Road and Marylebone tube stations, and 400m from Bond Street and Marble Arch.

Obviously written by people who don't have a clue about the areas. Glad to see that TP has acquired a bargepole and is putting it to good use.

OP, run run run away.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 07:18
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: londondreamhouse

Thank you all soon much! After everything I have learned on here I think I am just going to go with a rental I have found with Ivy Lettings...although more expensive it sounds like they are legit. I've researched and researched and it is just overwhelming...already two not starts with Airbnb...and just the risky ness of it all. With two teenagers it could be a real disaster!

There are four of us, needing three beds ( real not sofa or blowup)...traveling June 3-10 preferrably 2 bedrooms. I enjoy cooking so the kitchen is important don't want to be in the heart of tourist central but not too far out either from transit and walking distance from some stuff. I would have loved to keep the cost around $2000 US but after all my research thinking that is not an option and could go to $2750 for peace of mind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: londondreamhouse

So glad you came on here first and are doing some thorough research, many only do so afterwards to their own cost, Tex usually has a great list of rental properties, am hoping he will be along soon.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: londondreamhouse

with Ivy Lettings...although more expensive it sounds like they are legit.

------

Just to be picky, ivy can't really be regarded as "more expensive" if what you are comparing them to is having your money stolen.

:-)

What's more expensive, you give me £1000 for a room and I give you a room, or you give me £500 and I run away with it ? :-)

FWIW yes Ivy are definitely legitimate no direct experience but oft recommended here and there was even a favourable article about them in the national press a few years back.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: londondreamhouse

Certainly away from tourist central:

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p394658vbi (would require one sleep on the sofa bed)

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p433191vbi (not sure about the set up in the second bedroom)

Enough beds here:

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p474226vbi

http://www.vrbo.com/474226

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: londondreamhouse

Just be aware that most rentals on Craig's List are spammy, even in my part of the world.

I did get lucky as I am a renter and I put an add seeking a home to rent and my ad was answered. I now rent a lovely small 2 bedroom home with a huge fenced in back yard for my Jack Russell Terrier, Cosmo.

The scammers here just lift pictures off of real estate sites.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: londondreamhouse

Thank you everyone!

@ joeintheuk...you are absolutely right!

@ texscott-II...thanks for the leads

@happymom...yes craigslist can be scammy did not even try it for this list...but found my current home threw them, bought most of my furniture, sold my car and numerous other things!