We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM Card near Waterloo?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
SIM Card near Waterloo?

We're flying into Heathrow but don't really need to bother with a SIM there in the airport necessarily. I was thinking somewhere around the Waterloo station would be good, and the website states "Shops & services: for all you need - Heel bar, key cutting, bureau de change, clothes, stationery, florists, photo processing and mobile phone store". But when I look at the store descriptions, I can't tell which is a mobile phone store. Anybody know? Am I missing something?

And on that note, is it simple enough to pick up a SIM that will work in both London & Paris? Since we don't speak French, I'm thinking the same card for both places would be easier, but I don't know how feasible that actually is.

Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,986 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM Card near Waterloo?

Where are you staying?

Here is a link to the store locator of one of the largest companies - www.carphonewarehouse.com/store-locator

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM Card near Waterloo?

Hampton by Hilton Waterloo - 157 Waterloo Road.

Thanks for the link!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,993 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM Card near Waterloo?

Waterloo station does appear to have a Carphone Warehouse at unit 5, but I can't find it on the Waterloo station map.

A UK SIM will work in France (almost always - some very cheap plans exclude international roaming) but you will pay roaming charges for outgoing and incoming calls. Incoming calls in the UK are free (calling party pays).

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SIM Card near Waterloo?

Thank you for the detailed answer! We have Facetime, Skype & Viber, which will likely be enough, so having a UK SIM in Paris prob should work for us then, as we won't be making a significant amount of calls.

5. Re: SIM Card near Waterloo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:17