We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

Hi - has anyone out there taken kids under 16 on a New Years Eve Cruise on the Thames. We live in NZ and would like to take our children 12 and 14 with us to see the fireworks but it seems all the cruises are 18 +. Any advise on other ways of seeing the fireworks without the crowds in London would be great thanks :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

City Cruises has NYE cruises with no minimum age. I think at least the Stargazer and the next most expensive (can't remember the name) are ok. I took my daughter on the Stargazer one 3 (?) years ago when she was 14. We liked it, but I have read some reviews from others that didn't so YMMV.

Here's my review.

tripadvisor.com/…37664048

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

That won't be a problem, you can take them with you

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,618 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

NYE 2013? Are you time travellers?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

The cruises I have been looking at just now have a minimum age of 18 years obviously because of the alcohol available, but it sounds like the Stargazer should be okay if btgm took his 14 year old daughter.

I suppose there must be a way you can contact the companies and ask about some of the other cruises you like the look of in case the 18 year minimum is only applying to those drinking alcohol, as with a pub, in which case accompanied minors might be allowed.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

New Year's Eve 2013 - I think you've missed the boat

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

City Cruises answers emails. I don't know about any of the other companies.

Kapiti
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

If you find out then let us know as we are planning on doing the same (going to be in London for new years - family with three children aged 11, 14 and 16 from Kapiti Coast NZ!)

8. Re: New Years Eve 2013 Thames Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:17