We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-4-1 time management

Upland, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2-4-1 time management

The 2-4-1 you can't book ahead of time and I'm just wondering how long the lines are on average when you are waiting to purchase your ticket with these vouchers as opposed to buying online for must see like the Tower of London,etc.?We will be in London for 4 nights and I keep hearing about long lines and don't want to waste too much of our trip waiting to get tickets. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!Thanks!!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-4-1 time management

< I keep hearing about long lines >

The only places you are likely to encounter queues are London Dungeons & Madame Tussauds neither of which are high on "best things to do in London".

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-4-1 time management

The waiting time depends on the time of the year. The busiest times are during the months of July and August. Also busy during school holidays, Bank holidays and weekends.

Upland, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-4-1 time management

We are going early June. Thanks for the responses!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-4-1 time management

I wouldn't book in advance in case it's raining or cloudy on the date you want to take your flight.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-4-1 time management

And you could avoid paid for attractions altogether and never queue at all

Much of the best of London is free

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-4-1 time management

It will be better to book it in advance so that you can have a hassle free tour

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-4-1 time management

This is a very alien problem to most British people! If standing in a queue for 5 minutes will ruin your holiday (and for many people who post here it seems it might) then book everything you can in advance. If not then use the 2 for 1. Apart from the already mentioned places, you are very unlikely to encounter significant queues to enter any tourist attraction. At the Tower there is a separate queue inside to see the crown jewels. At Windsor Castle you have to queue to go through airport-like security.

Having said that, a trip to Great Britain without encountering any queues ever is very unlikely. You will queue to buy your travel card, queue in cafes, queue to pay in shops etc. If that is really painful for you, you might not love London.

Upland, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-4-1 time management

Waiting 5-10 mins is not a problem. We are from California and there are very long lines for everything here . Waiting 1-2 hours here is common and could definitely effect someone's vacation or just everyday life. This will be my first time in London and Im glad it sounds like from you that we won't spend half of our day waiting. Thank you for your response it was helpful.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2-4-1 time management

Don't worry - London's not like when I visited Universal Studios in California and spent 40 minutes waiting in the boiling sun to be served for a soda at the refreshment kiosk (and then the chap behind me tried to elbow me out the way when I reached the front of the queue. Years of commuting on the tube meant he didn't succeed!)

Enjoy your trip.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2-4-1 time management

Longest I've ever waited to get in anywhere in London was 20min at the Tower.