We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary - trip

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Help with itinerary - trip

Hello!

So I'll be in London with a friend for the first time, yay! We will be there for only three nights, arriving at around 7:30 am at Gatwick Airport and departing from Luton at 11:20 am, so we will likely getting three full days. We will be staying in the Walworth area. This are the atractions we would like to see:

London Eye

Elizabeth Tower

Houses of Parliament

Westminster Abbey

View from the Shard

Tower of London

Tower Bridge Experience

Buckinghman Palace

Emirates Stadium

Stamford Brdige Stadium

St Paul's Cathedral

Hyde Park

Windsor Castle

Thames River Boat Cruise

What would be our best option as for transportation and/or passes? I've been reading a lot but when I think I have everything sorted out, I bump into something and I get confused again. We've been thinking about getting the London Pass, but now I'm not so sure about it. Any help with this will be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Luton
Luton
Bedfordshire, UK
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Forgot to mention: The only atraction we will not be likely doing, just seeing it, is the London Eye. We would like to do the other ones :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

You are probably going to be able to do a lot of the items on your list but not all of them in the time.

Tower of London definitely . Tower Bridge you can see from the outside obviously. Tower Bridge experience for me only a maybe. St. Paul's is in the same area.

Windsor will take you at least half a day , maybe more, because it is outside London.

Buckingham Palace to Houses of Parliament and Westminster is a nice walk through St. James Park ( much nicer than Hyde Park ) because they are quite close. London Eye is then just across Westminster Bridge.

With the time you have I would choose one football stadium.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

You don't just look at the London eye, you go on it, otherwise it's just a large ferris wheel and not remotely interesting. You can see it though from across the river when you see (Queen Elizabeth Tower) Big Ben & the houses of parliament.

I would say thought that you do have too much planned for only 3 days. You could easily spend half a day in the Tower of London, unless of course you are just walking by it and only want to see it from outside lol.

You might want to forget Windsor Castle completely, that will take a full day.

For what you need in central London, you'll need a 1 day travel card available at any station, however if you wish to take advantage of 2 for 1 deals, they need to be picked up from Rail stations. See the link on the right at the top for 2 for 1 details.

Day 1

London Eye

Elizabeth Tower

Houses of Parliament

Westminster Abbey

Buckinghman Palace

Day 2

View from the Shard

Tower of London

Tower Bridge Experience

St. Pauls

River Boat (Use to get Central London to the Tower) If you pick up at Westminster you can also take care of the Eye, Big Ben and the HOP in one fell swoop.

Day 3

Emirates Stadium or

Stamford Brdige Stadium (do you need to do both)

Hyde Park

Thames River Boat Cruise

Enjoy

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Thanks for the suggestions! I guess we will cross out of the list the Windsor Castle as advised.

What would be our best option for transportation to/from airports to our hotel in Walworth?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

You're staying in Walworth? Why? Is it cheap?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Hi Dicanio10. It was the best deal we could find. Reviews for hotel as well as the area seem to be ok, plus it says is well conected to Central London by bus and the Elephant & Castle tube. Isn't a good area to be in?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Is there maybe any way you can cancel your current hotel? I've done the bus thing before, and it does waste alot of time and feels more like commuting rather than vacation. With only 3 days, I just think you'd be happier staying more central.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

So where would you suggest to stay? This hotel we have booked its supposed to be about 20 min walk from the tube station, shorter to it by bus, with a stop in front of the hotel.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Stay within the Circle line, or in the Waterloo Area.

If you provide the number in your party, dates and budget in pounds, you will get more specific advice.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with itinerary - trip

Ok, thank you very much for your suggestions. I've looked, and found a nice place within our budget on the St. Pacras area. I'm going to try to book this hotel and cancel the original hotel. Thanks TA people!