We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

My family want to see Jeeves and Wooster at the Duke of York's Theatre on Saturday, July 12th. I can purchase the tickets on line but would like to save some pounds and perhaps purchase them locally at the TKTS Leicester Square at a discount. Right now the discount for the April 2nd and 3rd shows are at 18pound/ticket, which is substantial savings of 72 pounds (4 tickets). Do you think it's a good idea to wait and chance it or do tickets to that play sell out pretty fast? I am concerned that since it's a Saturday during high tourist season, if we wait, there may not be seats available. Unfortunately, our itinerary is planned such that that Saturday is the only evening open. Just need some advice as to what to do.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,182 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

You could wait to see whether the trend in the next few weeks is for there to be tickets available on a Saturday. Availability can never be guaranteed via the Tkts booth, but you will always find tickets for something.

Also, there is a cast change coming up which may make a difference to popularity.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 19:23
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

That's a great idea.. I will wait. Is the cast change to a more popular or less? Sorry, I am not familiar with the current actors and the ones that are taking over the roles.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

Personally i'd rather see it with the 2 new cast members Mark Heap & Robert Webb, but that's just me and not that it matters as that's who you'll be seeing anyway in July

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

I saw ita few weeks back it was absolutely hilarious.

I would advise booking now and locking in, at the time we went to see Jeeves we were also looking for other tickets for other shows the day before and after and for the shows we wanted, they were limited visibility or otherwise poor seats so we didn't go for those. Pay the extra to get the seats you want.

(Fwiw j&w was full as far as I could see, so it might be there aren't any spare seats of the day anyway).

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

That's what I am worried about.. and since it'll be mid July on a Saturday. I might have to splurge and get tickets. Can you recommend some good (not best) seats?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,629 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

This will help - www.theatremonkey.com/DUKEOFYORKbooking.htm

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

Perfect, thank you

8. Re: Purchasing theatre tickets, advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:15