We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

I'm going to be in London on Easter Sunday and thought it would be nice to go to afternoon tea. Unfortunately, Claridge's and The Ritz are unavailable (not surprising considering it's a big holiday), but I was able to get reservations at a few other places:

Brown's Hotel

The Berkeley Hotel

The Cadogan

The Dorchester

I understand that The Dorchester is superb, but I was only able to get a reservation for 2pm and my flight does not arrive at Heathrow until 11:30am. I'm worried that I won't have enough time to get to my hotel, freshen up and get to The Dorchester by 2. Also, 2 is a little early for tea, no?

Can anyone please help me decide which place I should go for tea? Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

Yes, 2pm is a little early for tea and when I was there a few weeks ago they were very strict about the 90 minute time slots, so there is not much flexibility.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

So that's probably out. Any idea about the other places?

oxford
Level Contributor
287 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

Not one of the other places, but last summer, I took mum to Rubens at the Palace hotel, right by Buckingham Palace, it was fantastic, lovely little sandwiches, cakes and scones. We went as part of an Experience that included a visit to The Royal Gallery (very small but good) and The Royal Mews which was really good, interesting and great way to spend an hour.

Just in case you not aware, on Easter Sunday there will be no retailers trading, so good day to see some of what London has to offer.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

I arrive at 11:30 in the morning, so my plan is to go to my hotel, freshen up, go to tea, then go back and sleep off my jetlag! :)

I think I'm going to go to Brown's Hotel. That seems like the best combination of traditional elegance, casual comfort, delicious food and low pretentiousness.

5. Re: Afternoon Tea on Easter Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:17