We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Scotland from London

Pune, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Scotland from London

Dear Madam/Sir

We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children arriving in London on 16 may 14 from India we have an private apartment in marble arch area our return is on 1 June 14. please advice on my following questions----

How do we go from heathrow airport to our apartment?

We want to travel within and around London. what is the best value saver in transport.

We want to take a 5 night trip to Scotland. how and when should we plan. should we take a tour. if yes which is good and decent and value for money tour operators.or should we take a family car of 9 seater and do it on our own. where should we stay in Scotland and where all we must go.

What should we must cover in London and which of the day tours we must take. please advice from where and how much should it cost.

Awaiting your reply

Thanks with regards

Rajinder Goel

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

I would suggest a car service for so many people and luggage. Check this TA response.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k48869…

For transport I would get 7 day travel card loaded onto an Oyster card. This covers the tube and buses in the city for zones 1 & 2. You can also top with more money if you travel to other zones.

Trip to Scotland. I hope someone else will reply, but I would check on train travel.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 20:06
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

Ian, its not advisable to advertise your email address on here as it will attract all sorts of spam. You would be better using the Private Messaging function

To get to Edinburgh, www.eastcoast.co.uk will give you train times and fares

To fly from one of London's 6 airports, use www.easyjet.com www.ba.com

If you wanted to drive, it will take at least 8 hours, flying 1 hour and train 4.5 hours

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

>> flying 1 hour <<

But that doesn't include travel to and from the airport at each, negotiating security and other hassles associated with flying these days.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
727 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

Base yourself in Edinburgh and take some day trips. St Andrews, Stirling, Pitlochry and The Trossochs are easily accessible either on the train or on a day tour. Much will depend on what you enjoy doing as Pitlochry is also a good base to explore what the Highlands has to offer with regard to the great outdoors. But the weather can be good in early June but it can also be fickle and Scotland gets more than its fair share of rain. From where you are staying train will be the best way to go as you get to see more of the UK on route. The run north of Newcastle is especially scenic. The website for the train operator is given in post 3. If you are going anywhere north of Edinburgh for you base then ensure that you book onto The Highland Cheiften to cut out changing train.

6. Re: Trip to Scotland from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:17