We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Topic
7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Day 1

Travel

Day 2

Arrive British Museum Hyde Park Kennsigtion Palace

Day 3

Bath day trip

Day 4

Watch Changing of the guard Windsor Castle Day in Windsor

Day 5

Buckingham Palace Westminister Abbey Tour Palace of Westminster Tower Bridge

Day 6

Tower of London St. Paul’s Cathedral London Eye and south bank at night

Day 7

Cambridge tour of universities Trafalgar Square National Gallery

Day 8

Salisbury Markets Shop Tate Modern Maybe??

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Eh?

"Coukld you repodst worth some corrft spellhng?"

Oh, and a please and thank you!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,871 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Museums are a poor way to spend your arrival day. It helps reset your clock if you stay outdoors and moving around.

I would not choose Bath as the second day simply because you will still be suffering from jet-lag, and it is a long day.

Do Tower Bridge the day you do the Tower of London.

Some of this is too much for one day, for example, Salisbury and the Tate Modern is probably not going to pan out with all the travel involved.

Your dates would help....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

And what time are you landing at ? airport and can we assume you have a hotel booked already, if so, is it in central London?

Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

<<Day 7

Cambridge tour of universities Trafalgar Square National Gallery>>

Are you going to Cambridge and then visiting the National Gallery? NG closes at 6pm so I don't know how you will get to see. It might work on Friday when it closes at 9pm. Still it sounds too much for me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Cambridge will take out a whole day, realistically, unless you plan to get up super early, arrive there at 8am, bomb around madly, and leave at 1pm. Don't do it - sounds like hell. Also, check the college visitors opening hours before you go (no dates, so I'm not sure if it's exam season or not)

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I've changed some things. Are there any attractions that I might have missed

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Well sure there are plenty of things you will miss...big city, short visit.

Greenwich is interesting. Will you see a show? Churchill museum and war rooms? Stonehenge? Harrods? Parks? Lots of other museums.

You can't, of course, do everything so if these are the most important things then good...you are covering a lot.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

Hello,

I am coming to London for the first time in May. I am trying to work on my itineary as well. What do you plan to do at night as for the things you mostly have listed, they close at either 4:30 pm or 5 pm?

Also on day 6 you stated that you will see Southbank at night? What do you plan to see at night time? How late do you plan to stay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

The changing of the guard is at Buckingham palace at 11am so put that at the start of one day followed by a walk through St James Park and on to Westminster.

Tower Bridge is beside the Tower of London so they go together on your chosen day

Cambridge is a one hour train journey outside London and is probably a full day on its own.

The town of Salisbury if that is what you mean is the same

I would be putting Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens at the bottom of my list.

If you need more history then at trip to Windsor or a trip to Hampton Court Palace or to Hatfield House are possibles.

10. Re: 7 Day travel plansuggestions???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 07:15