We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

Hello!

I need to take the Route Bus 82 (towards North Finchley) from Hyde Park Corner Station to Swiss Cottage. My question is:

How many exits does the Hyde Park Corner tube station have? And if more than one, which one should I use? This is map with the route to the bus stop marked in green.

…photobucket.com/albums/…hydepark.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 17:14
Essex
Level Contributor
27,617 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

You can find out here

directenquiries.com/information/Hyde%20Park%…

Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

Thank you so much @EssexWanderer!! =)

That link is very useful and after reading the information I think the Knightsbridge (North) Exit 1 is my best option because it has a ramp. I have another question though:

Is there a sign inside the tube station (at the ticket hall) saying "Knightsbridge (North) Exit 1"?

I imagine there must be a sign but it might say something different. If that's the case, What does it say?

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

Look for "Exit 1". After leaving the ticket hall by that exit, you have the option of steps or a ramp. Do a U-turn at the top of the ramp towards the traffic lights. Rather than your earlier choice of bus stop (stop K) in Gloucester Place, you might find it easier to head into Hyde Park for stop Y on Park Lane. It's about the same distance and a rather more pleasant walk. At the traffic lights, turn left through the arch and use the zebra crossing to cross South Carriage Drive. Then turn right and follow the road out of the park into Park Lane.

The bus stops are marked on the street map in the middle of the Hyde Park Corner "spider map" at …tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/hyd…

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

SariChile,

Here is the bus spider map for Hyde Park Corner.

…tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/hyd…

The stop you are looking for is stop K. For that stop you take the exit 4 ramp, which brings you up on the south side of Knightsbridge right beside stops M, N and P. Walk towards the Wellington Arch and then keep bearing right until you walk down Grosvenor Place to the bus stop. It's about 200m very gently downhill.

The 82 also calls at stop Y. You can reach that by using the exit 1 ramp which brings you up on the north side next to stops R, S, T and W. You would then walk towards Hyde Park (there's a path to the west of Apsley House), cross the road at South Carriage Drive, and walk along the sidewalk/pavement to Park Lane for that stop.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 20:23
Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

Thank you @RichardRFG and @USBusinessTraveller!!

I think stop Y is closer and it does look like a nicer walk (I street-viewed it). I will take this route =)

Edited: 09 April 2014, 20:32
6. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 08:35
7. Re: Question about Hyde Park Corner tube station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 05:15