We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy stamps?

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy stamps?

Have promised to send a postcard home to Sweden when in London. But where do I buy stamps? Don't think I've ever seen a post office in London.

Also - what is the cost for sending a postcard to Sweden?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

There are hundreds of post offices in London. Some small newspaper type shops and supermarkets also sell them. Where are you staying? Your hotel may also have some for sale. I don't know the cost I would just ask for a stamp for a postcard to Europe.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

Besides the post offices, some souvenir shops will sell you stamps. Sometimes there will be a P.O. inside of a Ryman's stationery shop (like the one in Marylebone High St.).

On my recent trip, I noticed the P.O. has changed to the "take a number" system yet it wasn't made obvious when you first walk in.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

Stamps are sold in most newsagents and convenience stores. No need to seek out a Post Office.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

<<< On my recent trip, I noticed the P.O. has changed to the "take a number" system yet it wasn't made obvious when you first walk in. >>.

That seems to be an inaccurate generalisation - I've used several Post Offices recently - none of them had this system

To OP: Apart from the many shops selling stamps, for Post Offices, put 'Post Office London' into Google for many links - one (at least) being a postcode search. I tried just a single postcode and came up with about 30 in that area alone

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

I think a postcard to Sweden is 97p. It was 88p but I think has gone up.

Any Post Office will sell you this but IME newsagents and the like only sell inland 1st and 2nd second class stamps and sometimes only in booklets of 6 or 12

two second class stamps would slightly overpay the cost

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

A postcard will cost £0.97 or about SEK 9:-

For a Post Office look for this logo: http://www.postoffice.co.uk

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

There's also a branch finder on the Post Office website.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,310 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

Supermarkets like Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose, Morrisons etc also sell stamps. Usually at the same place they sell lottery tickets, cigarettes, etc

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

Thank you all for your quick replies!

10. Re: Where can I buy stamps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 08:36