We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimbledon Tickets

Charlotte
7 posts
Save Topic
Wimbledon Tickets

My wife and I are going to Spain in June, but we've built in a quick stay in London with the sole purpose of going to Wimbledon. The day we want to attend is Fri, June 27. I applied for the lottery in the super off-chance of getting the exact day we want but no dice. I've considered buying debenture resale tickets but I'm seeing 1200GBP per ticket - do those usually go down closer to the event? I figure for the 3rd round Friday, it's a lesser day in terms of attendance popularity.

I've read that there are online sales in the days leading up for 3rd court and Centre Court tickets. If I hold off and try to nab those and fail, would it still be possible to buy debenture tickets, keeping in mind that we will be foreigners staying in a hotel at this point? If the weather forecast is clear, we'll probably just go early in the morning and hope to get a Court 1 or 2 tickets, but since we're going all-in for a single day, I worry that we need to have Centre Court in case of rain. I know these are some nebulous questions - any general advice?

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

You are very unlikely to get centre court tickets from the queue unless you queue overnight (not sure sitting in centre court with the roof closed would make up for a night sleeping on the ground in the rain).

Debenture holders can sell their tickets whenever they like. If you can find someone who cannot go last minute and will sell to you on the day, good luck.

I think Ticketmaster sells tickets for centre, 1, 2 and 3 courts the night before. You have to sign up for an email alert and get in quick.

If you are happy to have a ground pass (and lots of good players can be seen in the outside courts early on) then just get to the queue before 8am on the day.

It is already clear the first Friday will be very busy. As defending champion Andy Murray will play the first match on the Monday. Assuming he doesn't lose he will therefore play second round on Wednesday and third round on Friday. So there will be millions of Murray fans in the queue with you.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

<<< 1200GBP per ticket - do those usually go down closer to the event >>>

Probably go up if there is strong British player interest. Cheaper to buy a tent and camp overnight hoping for a ground pass

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,475 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

Whilst ticket holders are urged to deposit tickets in boxes around the grounds if they have to leave before the close of play (to be resold within the grounds, with money to charity), please note that if the likes of Andy Murray is scheduled to play late in the day, almost no one gives up their tickets.

I was volunteering at Wimbledon during the Okympics and working on Henman Hill when Murray was playing (semi-final?), and it was heaving. We honestly couldn't have fitted any more humans into that piece of ground - and believe me, they tried!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
844 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

The best bet is queue up. As you realise by now, availability is all depending on order of the day.

Ticketmaster sells tickets a day or two days before the match, however you need to be extremely lucky for that as well.

5. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 10:35
6. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 10:35
7. Re: Wimbledon Tickets

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:15